Phillip C. McGraw, known nationally as Dr. Phil, has a B.A. from Midwestern State University and an M.A. and a Ph.D. in clinical psychology form University of North Texas with a dual area emphasis in clinical and behavioral medicine.
Dr. Phil – Television Talk Show Host
Dr. Phil has had his own syndicated television show since September of 2002 and become one of the highest rated talk shows on the air. His show focuses on “getting real”. He strives to remove all emotional clutter from the lives of his guests and helping them obtain the tools necessary to move forward with their lives in a confident manner. His television shows have focuses on a variety of topics including relationships, family, weight loss, and divorce.
Dr. Phil – Author
McGraw is also a best selling author for a number of books. They include:
- Life Strategies: Doing What Works, Doing What Matters.
- Relationship Rescue: A Seven-Step Strategy for Reconnecting with Your Partner.
- Self Matters: Creating Your Life From the Inside Out.
- The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom.
- Family First: Your Step-by-Step Plan for Creating a Phenomenal Family.
- Love Smart: Find the One You Want, Fix the One You Got.
- The Ultimate Weight Solution Cookbook: Recipes for Weight Loss Freedom.
- The Ultimate Weight Solution Food Guide.
- Real Life: Preparing for the 7 Most Challenging Days of Your Life.
While Dr. Phil always focuses on “getting real” he does not seem to target his expertise in any one particular area. Unlike most experts, Dr. Phil does not choose a niche in which to specialize. He seems to have the answers for every problem and advice to share with all. One may wonder how one person can truly have such in depth knowledge of solving problems on such a wide array of subjects.